About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am so many things, but most importantly I am a wife, a mommy, and a woman. Most recently I am a RUNNER.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

On the Road Again!!!


So this is the view from my driveway as I head out for my first long run, 6  miles, of my official MARATHON TRAINING!  It was beautiful!  Since the move, I've been very un-motivated, to say the least, to run.  It's been such a whirlwind and finding making time has not been a priority of mine (I say as I hang my head in shame.)  BUT, I can't put it off any longer or when November gets here, I will be in a world of hurt...or October for that matter.  I have my first half marathon, in a pack of 4 with the  Florida Halloween-Half  That's ALOT of running this year and into early 2013.  But I'm really looking forward to the races. 

Running in my new hood is not nearly as fun as running in the old hood.  I don't have the beautiful beaches to keep me entertained, and I don't have all of the other runners and bikers to give the much needed, nod of the head or good morning, or even keep it up.  Instead I have dogs running beside me as I pass their chainlink fences.  Not the friendly kinda dogs.  The HUGE growling and barking like they want to eat me kinda dogs.  I miss my aligators!

However, as I was running I heard an odd noise.  As I look over, I see a beautiful swan in her private lake.  My how gorgeous she was.  I had to stop to take a picture, but it didn't turn out very good.  Here it is so you ca get an idea.

So I finished my 6 miler in just over an hour, with more walking than I wanted, but less than I expected,  I'm calling it a SUCCESS!   I did run into an old face.  I used to chase her at the beach...until I caught her.  Now I'm chasing her again...until I catch and pass her.  :)


Feeling strong and nothing's wrong.  Have a GREAT weekend and I'll see you at the races!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I can't wait to see how your training unfolds :)
    You've got this :)

    ReplyDelete