About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am so many things, but most importantly I am a wife, a mommy, and a woman. Most recently I am a RUNNER.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Hollywood Sunglasses + Running = Not So Great



Today was the perfect day to run my favorite causeway.  It was overcast and 75 degrees.  There was a wind, but only on half of the run...In fact I was enjoying the morning so much that I honestly got caught up in my thoughts and the views that I didn't worry about my pace or the fact that I was walking...much more than normal.  I guess when I forget that I'm training and use the time for relaxing and fun, because I live in such a beautiful place, it's easy to do.  With that said, I wish I could blame my fun run for the time I actually finished with, but I just can't.  I ran!  That's all I've got.

About halfway through the run I realized that I forgot to put on my running sunglasses and was running in my huge "Hollywood" sunglasses.  I'm sure I looked silly to the other runners on the bridge this morning.  Appearance is one thing, but these giant glasses caused my face to sweat so much more than normal.  So I definitely recommend investing in a good pair of running glasses. 

One last thing...Does this count as cross-training or upper body strength training?  Just asking...




See you at the races!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment