About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am so many things, but most importantly I am a wife, a mommy, and a woman. Most recently I am a RUNNER.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Shoes! New Shoes! New Shoes!


I honestly never thought I'd stray from my long time love affair with Asics, but when my feet slipped into these Newtons, it was LOVE!  They feel like I'm wearing socks...but with support!  It's amazing!  And the more obnoxious the color on my running shoes, the better, so I'm elated that Newton only makes bright wonderful colors. 

I ran 5 miles this morning in the new kicks and my feet feel great!  The Newtons are a bit different than the Asics, but both are meant for my neutral gait.  The Newtons are "hopefully" going to help get me away from the heel strikes I have a habit of doing while running.  Only time will tell if that happens and I'm not trying to re-invent my running style, totally, while training for my first full marathon. 

So yesterday while I was talking to the very knowledgeable sale man and FitNiche about my shoes, he told me that the only other thing more challenging I could do to prepare for 26.2 in Savannah, was to run just after a rain here in Florida.  Well this morning I thought my run would have to be on the treadmill because a rainstorm came in with a vengeance.  It was short lived, BUT when I started running, I could see the steam coming up from the roads and thought "This is going to SUCK!"  and it was difficult.  I'm still not familiar with the new hood so I had to make up my route as I ran, which isn't ideal for me, but it somehow worked out pretty perfect. 

I finished and feel great about the run!  My daughter wanted to "train" like me when we got home.  She put on her new Reebok school shoes and put her best buddy in his stroller and ran around the house.  How cute is that?  Before we left the house she told me that she didn't want to go for a run.  I told her I didn't either, but I had to because I committed to run the race, so I have to train for it.  I think it might have sunk in...at least I hope! 



Have a great day and I'll see you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment