About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am so many things, but most importantly I am a wife, a mommy, and a woman. Most recently I am a RUNNER.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hello 1st run of the week. I'm calling in sick!

After a long weekend of taking care of a sick husband and a rest on Monday, I woke up Tuesday feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack truck.  My first thought was "don't get out of bed" but those days are long gone.  So as I got my daughter ready for school, my head started thinking of EVERY excuse to NOT run.  I imagine my calling in sick, phone call to go like this...
"Hello Me, it's Me and I'm sick.  I don't feel like running today.  The heat will be brutal, the exhaustion will take over and I'll be useless for the rest of the day and I have to save my energy to keep up with Sarah.  My appetite is gone so I don't have the nutrients to keep up on a run this morning.  Thanks anyway but I'll see you when I feel better." 
And then my inner runner came out.  Needless to say she wasn't happy.  After all, I am training to run a "Beat Breast Cancer" marathon and ALL of the words of encouragement I've heard from everyone on Facebook, emails or in person came roaring back to me.  I would be letting so many people down if I just gave in to the "not feeling good" routine.  Plus I had two friends waiting on me at the bridge.  So I laced up my Asics and hit the road. 
The run was EVERYTHING I thought it would be and more.  IT WAS TOUGH!!!  However, with the strength of my amazing friends I made it.  I did feel better, sweating it out works wonders!  I did have enough energy to keep up with Sarah...at least I gave it my best shot.  My pace was 10:10, which truly surprised me. 
Along the route I did pass a new celebrity's home.  You may have heard of her.  Winter, the Dolphin from a Dolphin's Tale, the movie.  She lives at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and has been a long time favorite of mine.  If you get the chance to see the movie, please do.  It's an amazing story of how Winter overcomes an almost tragic event.



Anyway, that's my Tuesday!  Have a great week and I'll see you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment