About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am so many things, but most importantly I am a wife, a mommy, and a woman. Most recently I am a RUNNER.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My First Steps into 26.2












And away we gooooooooo!!!!
Following my friend Jenny's advice, I googled Hal Higdon and decided to start following his Novice 1 marathon training program.  I decided on the Novice 1 (the "easiest" one) because although I am a runner, I'm VERY intimadated by the word MARATHON.
It seems pretty simple.  Three miles Tues. Wed. and Thurs. with a rest on Friday and then 6 miles on Sat. with a cross training day on Sun. and another rest day on Mon.  Of course the miles will increase as the time gets closer but I should be ready.  Right?
This morning I joined my friend Julie at the Memorial Causeway at 9:30 and started pounding the pavement.  With temps at a brutal 85 degrees and no shade or a sign of a cloud, the ramp up seemed impossible, but we did it!  We finished 3.2 miles in 31 minutes with an average pace of 10:32.  I felt awesome after it was over. 
The best part of running in Florida is the water and wildlife.  We were able to watch a family of stingrays play while we were on top of the causeway.  It truly is an amazing life to be a runner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment