About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am so many things, but most importantly I am a wife, a mommy, and a woman. Most recently I am a RUNNER.

Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm doing WHAT???!!!

I wasn't going to blog today because, after all, it is my day of rest, but I just couldn't help myself.  I did not run at all today.  Instead I had a facial, a pedicure, and did a little bit of shopping.  GREAT day off.  However, while I was talking to my full Iron Man neighbor about how he fuels up for his long runs/swims/bikes, I heard myself say, "I'm running the breast cancer marathon in Jacksonville."  and was hit HARD with a "WHAT?" moment.  Really?!  Did that just come out of my mouth.  Of course my neighbor, just laughed and said, "Well welcome to the party!" 
It was about 2 years ago that I told this same neighbor that I wasn't interested in running anything longer than a 5k (3.1 miles.)  What happened to me?  How did I become a runner?  The answer could be simply that I want to be healthy.  However, it's more than that.  I'm turning 40 in November of 2012 and somehow finishing a full marathon wiggled it's way onto my "Things to do before I turn 40" list.  CRAZY!  Right?  That's not it.  I want that feeling of accomplishment to follow me for the rest of my life.  It will be 4+ hours of some kind of hell, but how cool will it be to wear THAT medal?  I want my daughter to know that she can do whatever she sets her mind to.  AND...Last but certainly not least..I WANT THE 26.2 STICKER TO GO ON THE BACK OF MY CAR! 
I'll let you all know how my 6 miles goes tomorrow.  Have a great Friday night everyone and I'll see you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment